Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I learned a new word today.

And I can happily say that I thoroughly enjoy
...the challenges of...
...the {many} blessings discovered in...
...the diversity of...

OIKOLOGY: (oy-koll'-uh-jee) n. the study, or science or homemaking.

It was a happy day when I realized that God had a purpose in mind when He gave me a love for cooking, baking, decorating, graphic design, sewing and a dream of one day owning a bed & breakfast!! All of these precious gifts...for how else can we describe those things 'born into us' that we can't escape from?...would merge together into one day making a home. And add on top of these the gift of a loving husband and sweet daughter to make that home for! I love, love, LOVE my day job!!! And I am thankful, thankful, THANKFUL that God's mercies are new every morning, and that each day I can depend on Him for all that I'll need.

2 comments:

  1. I must say I am often quite jealous of women in your position, Jen... although I have also learned to be content with my office job and "career" life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...believe it or not, I do remember those days and I remember not liking it. If it's any help at all, I met Tim very shortly after I realized that I was content where God had me...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...