Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chalk + Probe = Autumn Decor

It feels a bit strange to be writing a post about autumn decor when I literally just threw out all the pumpkins and gourds and mums yesterday. But I was browsing through some of my iPhone pictures and came across a little something I thought you might enjoy. 

Back in September, on my sisters weekend in Ohio, both my sister and I were thrilled and giddy to find a cookie tin full of Probe cards to sort through. Remember that game? 


I remember playing with the cards as a young'un, but I also remember not knowing how to play. Inability to read at that age might have hindered game play? Maybe, maybe not. ;) We each spelled out our word of choice and felt justified in driving to Ohio to buy $1.75 in interesting product. 

Originally I was picturing them on my mantel, but two seconds was long enough to figure out they'd get lost up there. So I came up with this:


Strung up with some recently bought baker's twine and involved in a quote. Quite right. Good idea. Quite right. Good idea. Quite right. (that line sparking a movie memory? Good ol' George...) 

And its nicely situated above my chair. My cozy chair with my favorite pillows in the world. I anticipate many hours this winter, just me and that chair. And a book. And hot chocolate. But that's jumping seasons, so I'll slow down. 


Stay tuned in the next couple of days, as I have a few Thanksgiving table pictures to share. My parents joined us in the Canadian celebration a few weeks ago and the cool thing is, I can blog about it still this week and not feel like it's too late! America has yet to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I remember playing with these cards and having no idea what the game actually was either :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...