Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cranberry Blondies

I'm going to share something with you today. A recipe. A yummy recipe.


But before I get to sharing, I have a confession to make.

Today, I am sharing with purely selfish motives.

Let's start with a view of my most frequently used counter space - the corner between my stove and my sink:


Small and cluttered, right? But, the most used.

And now let's talk about why I'm showing you this picture. It's not to point out one of my most loved and frequently used wedding presents - the set of orange mixing bowls. Nor is it about how much more I like my large glass storage jars since I've attacked them with washi tape - although I do like them ever so much more. And it's not to give you an opportunity to point out how filthy dirty my oven mitts are - although, you certainly could jump on the chance, eh? 

Nope, this picture is to show you my most used kitchen tool as of the past year or so - that iPad! Pinterest is my most favorite source of recipes at this point, although I also use and enjoy allrecipes.com. I pull up the recipes and work from the iPad and rarely ever pull out my cookbooks anymore. It sits on a cookbook holder (how appropriate, right?) and helps me cook and bake my way through every day in the kitchen. 

Cranberry Blondies. That's what this is about, isn't it? Right! The thing is, the recipe I make every year around Christmas (I'm guessing because of the whole cranberry thing? although I'm not 100% certain...) is an absolute favorite of mine and yet I cannot pull it up on my iPad. Why? Because it's in my little stash of hand written favorites I store away in a little red recipe box. 


Sooooo, I'm sharing this recipe with you today with ulterior motives. I want to enjoy modern technology recipe reading. If I write a post about it, and Pin it, it's safely stored away in my stash of baking recipes and I will no longer have to worry about getting buttery finger prints on my beloved recipe card. Happy me...and...happy you, after you've baked a batch of your own!

Unfortunately, when I copied this recipe years ago I didn't feel the need to be concerned with giving credit to the its creator. And I know that's a big deal online right now. So if this is your recipe - do let me know so I can give you the credit and send you a thank you card for letting me enjoy it for so many Christmas seasons!

CRANBERRY BLONDIES

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 teas. baking powder
1/4 teas. baking soda
1/4 teas. salt
2 eggs
1 teas. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. white chocolate chips (or chunks)
1 c. fresh cranberries

Directions:

> Set your oven for 350 degrees F.
> Beat butter until creamy, then add sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
> Add flour and mix in at low speed.
> Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
> Line an 8x8 pan with foil, then spray with non-stick spray.
> Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle fresh cranberries on top and gently press them a little bit into the batter.
> Bake for 30 min, according to the recipe, although I've found that it takes quite awhile more to finish up - closer to 40 minutes. So set that timer for 30 and check it to see if it needs more time.
> Let cool for awhile, but then lift the foil lining out of the pan and cut into squares.

* I usually double this recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan...

And the result?



I've refrained from eating this batch, since they're designated for our church's Christmas Program this evening. But a small handful might've made it to our freezer already to be enjoyed Christmas Eve! Mmm. Can't wait.  !! 


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do...

Linking to Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen,
    I've been wanting to make these for a while... but no fresh cranberries on hand. I have a bag of awesome dried whole ones (Christmas gift box) that I want to use up. Have you ever made these without the fresh ones? Just up the dried amount?
    Thanks! :)
    Marlaine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...