Thursday, April 16, 2015

Farewell...

8 years ago I started blogging to keep family and friends updated on our life 'far away' in Grand Rapids. And it's been fun!  

But here's the (very simplified version of the) thing: I have a million and one things that swirl around in my brain during the day. (and sometimes, unfortunately, at night!) Ideas. Pictures. Designs. Plans. Convictions. Hopes. Goals. 

And I think it's time to create a bit more brain space! 

When I take a break from writing here on the blog, it seems like I've cleared up some room in my mind. I rather like not thinking about life's moments in terms of how it might be in a blog post: Did I get a couple of pictures to include? How could I creatively write this? That was a big lesson, should I share it? Summary: When I'm not thinking about my blog, I'm enjoying the moments more. 

And I enjoy enjoying my moments! 

I'm finding myself more and more pulling away from 'blog-land' (writing and reading) and rather liking it. That's a big part of where this decision is coming from. 

That, and the strong realization that I am by no means someone who can do it all and do it all well. Right now? My husband and my girls, my family and my church family. They're the ones - the God given gifts - I want to focus on. And I focus best when I have less things on the go (taking up brain space)! 

And so this, my friends, is my last blog post. 

It's been a fun ride. To everyone who's checked out my blog, who's commented, who's regularly read it - thank you, so sincerely! I send out best wishes to you, and remind you of this:

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 3:37-39

<<< >>>


Good bye :)





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...