Friday, August 27, 2010

Name That House

Ok - the countdown is on for moving day! In 26 days we will once again make a connection with the U-Haul company. This time to move here:
Isn't she beautiful?

I recently read this post and found it very convicting in the midst of our house getting and home making. So while this house isn't my 'dream-home', I do feel very blessed and very thankful that I get to live in a home that I just know I will love while here on earth!! For 3 or 20 years, whatever our time will be there, I know I'll love it...and aim to appreciate it every day!

That being said, there is one thing missing. A name. I have this secret little urge to name my house! Call me crazy, wacky, weird. But I love this house so much, it deserves a name. It's on a street called "Ellwood". Isn't that pretty? And so here's the deal: I'm sending out an invitation for your suggestions. What would YOU name this house? Drop by with your suggestions and help me out!

5 comments:

  1. love the idea :) so i googled "house names" and thought this might perk some interest..
    http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/housenames3.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Taun V.'s sister in law and popped over from her blog to yours. Your new house is very beautiful. I love old houses, and I know just what you mean about it needing a name. It looks like it needs one, and that is not silly. :-) Here are my ideas (feel free to use or toss 'em)... Bergstone Manor/Cottage/Nook (depending on how lofty you are feeling about your new home). Or something with inglenook, since that is a neat word and it just means a nook or corner (usually by a fireplace), and sounds so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the house, Justin and I drove past it this weekend since we were in the area. As for names..... you are asking the wrong person. I've had my condo for 2 years and havent done that to my place...I wouldnt know where to start.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of naming a house, but apparently it is not uncommon.... I had some fun looking online, but obviously naming your house will be as personal as naming a child :) here are a few I found... Serenity, Fair Havens, Eden (pleasure), Bethel, Cephas (Rock),or Bergsma Gable, Cair Paravel (for the lamp posts) and when the excitement of life becomes too much, Cuckoo Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Jen. I can't resist this...you're so fun!
    Bella de la Ellwood or Bella for short. Meaning "Beauty of (the) Ellwood". Surely you'll combine some of these ideas to get a great house name OR knowing you, you'll come up with your own spin. ;) Missing you in GR!
    Becki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...