Monday, February 6, 2012

Weather

Crazy weather we're having, isn't it?

Warm and spring-like, day after day. And across the ocean people who never see snow are probably wishing for a good ol' Canadian touque!!

Since we've been noticing this pattern of snow, melt, rain, snow, melt, rain, spring-like day, we've had to really take advantage of the snow! Because a Canadian winter without sledding and snowmen?!?! Unheard of.

I've said it before and I'll mention it again - I love our house. And when it snows, I love it's location. Specifically its close proximity to the dog park. And since the dog park houses quite the nice little hill, I can make both my 'kids' happy in one trip.


{Just a small insert here: that snowsuit was added to Hadassah's wardrobe for a mere $3. How I love garage sales. Especially when I happen to remember to think ahead.}



This year was a happy sledding year all around. For Hadassah: She's grown up a bit and actually enjoys the thrill of going down. {most of the time...} For me: She's grown up a bit and actually pulls the sled back up the hill.


Here they are: best buds, hard at play. Hadassah rolling down the hill and Gus trying to look like he has no clue what she's doing, thus still looking 'cool' to the other dogs. Who are not spotted once in these pictures, but I do promise they were there.

And since snowmen haven't been an option due to the lack of packing snow, the next best thing? Snow angels. She insisted I make one too, but I wasn't in the mood for kisses from Gus' friends. Hadassah had her fair share already before these shots were taken. 



I'm grateful we had a clear schedule on this particularly beautiful day of snow. We had so much fun. From the moment she clamored into the sled (I pull her in it to the dog park...she loads it up with snow as we go and giggles until she's out of breath if she gets tipped over) to the moment we're at home with our mugs of hot chocolate, she's smiling.

And that, my friends, makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...