Thursday, February 4, 2010

A good investment

Remember these?Project completed. *check* (that's me, checking it off my to-do list. as i've said a gazillion times before...i love doing that!)

I'll have you know that this very pile of Ikea frames has followed me around for a number of years now. I started off buying 6 packs many years ago when I first moved out into what was fondly called "The Hen House". (cannot believe I'm putting that up on the world-wide-web, but like I said...it was called that fondly!)

The first project I made with them was this cool 'floating-from-the-ceiling' headboard. So a grid of these frames (painted dark blue) hung on little hooks from the ceiling. Loved it. Might do it again someday. Wish I had a picture to show. Don't.

Second project was when Tim and I rented our first apartment. I had a couple of months living there on my own before we were married, and one of my decorating attempts was a collage on the wall with a slew of frames I had 'laying around'. It included some of these frames.

Third project was in our present home. I've already used them in a couple of different spots, actually. Once I had four on either side of a large frame, again serving as a headboard of sorts. (Ok, so we didn't have a headboard at all until our recently purchased new bed and so I needed a focus. These frames contributed.)

After purchasing the new headboard, though, they were 'shelved'. But I was a little sad about that. Me and those frames...we have a history. I couldn't do it to them. I had to find a use for them.

Enter red spray paint.

And enter a collage of frames I saw at Kohl's AND Hobby Lobby, each running at $29.99 or so. So I copy-catted them. A little paint, a little hot-glue gun magic, a little abc love and voila! Educational decor for Hadassah's room:Cost? $0.00

Love that!

I'd say that these frames were a good investment. Thanks Ikea!

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see what you were going to come up with. I'm totally impressed! I'ld say those frames were worth every initial penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it too!!

    and I too cannot believe you mentioned the HH on the web ... though I did find back that larger chalkboard picture frame we had ... and will be putting it to use, once I paint the others to go with it ... and I remember your "floating headboard" too .. ahh the days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so neat! I love the primary coloured chair too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...