Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training: Part 3 (C?)

I am happy (very, very happy) to announce that this time around, things in the potty training department are well under way. Well, well under way. I've very lightly attempted a number of times in the past year to get our girl on that white seat in the bathroom to no avail. She simply did not care if her bum was wet and would walk around with a poopy underwear if I let her! (note: underwear - not just a diaper) So my plan? Wait until it sinks in. Until it clicks. And finally, this past week, it has! She's doing great!

And while I'm sure the adventures aren't over yet, I feel safe to say that this will be the last blog post where I talk about poopy underwear. You're glad about that, eh?

Oh - but while on the topic - our dog is house trained afterall. It just took him a few days to get used to the place. He is, however, a Houdini. Last Sunday we came home to him with his head stuck between the crate bars. We had to saw him out. (yes, you read that right). And this morning I came home to him coming down the stairs. An odd location for a dog who is supposed to be in his crate in the dining room! Mr. Oliver Gus is an escape artist! You should see crate number 2! And to see him at any other time of the day, you'd never guess such a sweetheart could have such determination. Case in point: exhausted puppy at my feet, snoring. Ruins crates? Really??

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have had several blogs as of late.
    I am glad that someone's potty training adventures are going well. I wish I could say the same. Lets just say they love to sit in their diapers clean or dirty. I am going broke with twins in diapers for over 3 years.
    Enjoy your Anne of Green Gable books. I just love that series. My latest reading includes Dora, Elmo, or a Science textbook (I am teaching grade 9 science again this coming semester).
    Keep blogging….love your little insights…maybe I will be inspired to blog if it is a snow day tomorrow (last updated my adventures on the weekend).
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I just love reading your blogs. I'm almost always sure to have a good laugh (which we all know is good for our health) :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...