Friday, November 29, 2013

Adoration Dessert Social

Most of you readers have probably heard of Word & Deed, a great organization that our denomination supports. Well, recently we hosted a Dessert Night Fundraiser for our local churches and I had the fun of helping out on the organizing end of things. We wanted the evening to be about Adoration Christian Center (a Word & Deed project that was the focus this particular evening)...and desserts! The evening turned out to be really nice and I thought I'd share a few pictures.

As I was helping out with the organizing, I couldn't help but try and cozy up the school gym, even if just a notch, and I had fun grabbing a few things from my house to add to our Silent Auction table and elsewhere. It also seemed like a great time to try out that pin I saw...the Malt Ball cake! (renamed the Triple Chocolate Bubble Cake for the evening...) And don't the other auction desserts look scrumptious?! 




Tim hovered a while to try and outbid the determined opponent of the coveted Lemon Meringue Pie - his favorite!


And we had a Keurig bar that some of the Young People from our church helped out with. Here they are, ready for service!



It turned out to be a really nice evening - and I hope that Adoration Christian Center will benefit from the donations but especially the prayers of the people who attended the evening. Do check them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...